Cinemadamare Africa Chapter is a filmmaking program under GPAY (Great Potential African Youth)that is meant to market and expose our socio-economic,environmental and cultural diversities for economic sustainability to young filmmakers from Africa and in particular Kenya.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- The main objective of this project is to use film as a tool to visually tell our rich African stories
- To nurture train and promote art and talents through filmaking among the youths within Kenya and Africa at large.
- To inform, entertain, sensitize the society through filmmaking thus tackling issues affecting them socially, economically, culturally and environmentally.
- To promote domestic and international tourism through film making experience that combines filmmaking and tourism thus exposing Kenya to the world as an ideal filming destination.
- Create job opportunities for the youth in line with sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Cultural exchange both locally and internationally and networking through visual storytelling.
- Use film as a tool to bring about positive social change in our society
- To boost revenue collection by the Counties and National government
- To exploit available opportunities and emerging prospects in the film industry in our Country and Africa at large.
- To offer young participants both local and international a platform in filmmaking processes and promote Kenyas’ diverse cultural heritage.
- To foster cohesion, integration and globalization among participants in the film industry for social economic development.
- To offer hands-on learning opportunities for the participants in different areas of filmmaking.